Arrow: Description For Olicity-Centric “Underneath” Arrow: Description For Olicity-Centric “Underneath”
Official CW description for the Arrow episode "Underneath" Arrow: Description For Olicity-Centric “Underneath”

The CW has released an official description for “Underneath” which is the Wednesday, May 3 episode of Arrow.

Fans who have wanted some “Olicity” talk will be sure to like this one. And hey, Lyla’s back! Here’s the write-up:

OLIVER AND FELICITY ARE TRAPPED — Things get intense when Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) are trapped in the bunker together. Meanwhile, Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) and Diggle (David Ramsey) deal with their marital issues. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#520).  Original airdate 5/3/2017.

Read more Arrow upcoming episode spoilers on our Arrow Spoilers Page!

• Tayla

April 13, 2017 #1 Author

This sounds awful honestly. Hopefully it doesn’t ruin the momentum of the show going into the final 3 episodes.

And please, no more Olicity. Arrow is ample times better now that it stopped focusing on cringey relationships.

• coco

April 14, 2017 #2 Author

please get over it, already, every show and comic book have some type of romance in it . Maybe you and all of us just need a little more romance in our lives to appreciate it .

• Rob

April 14, 2017 #3 Author

It’s not the idea of romance that bothers me, it’s the execution.

• Luke

April 14, 2017 #4 Author

You olicity fans have no idea what you’re saying. It’s not the fact that there’s romance that bothers us, it’s that the writers of this show have no idea how to write romance and we are also sick of them spending so much time on this dry romance that makes no sense at all. They already devoted two seasons to it, enough already

• Anna

April 14, 2017 #5 Author

I agree although he was more pleasant when he was with her and when he was with that other woman it did not seem at all that he “loved” felicity so much

• Lizzie

April 13, 2017 #6 Author

Sounds great. Can’t wait for Oliver and Felicity to talk about their issues. It’s been a long time coming. And before anyone starts hating on me for liking Olicity, there’s been 19 episodes without any kind of focus on them (more if you think they broke up in 416). Let us have one episode.

I’m also intrigued by the Diggle/Lyla conflict. Is this about ARGUS? Or could she possibly be linked to Helix? Interesting!

• Ryan

April 13, 2017 #7 Author

An adequate description for this episode would be “If there is an episode for you to skip, this would be the one.”

April 13, 2017 #8 Author

^ Got you hear commenting didn’t it? Love it finally an episode focused on OTA and Oliver and Felicity. Lord knows it’s been so long.

• Jaozen

April 14, 2017 #9 Author

In cannon, Olly doesnt end up with Felicity. They were both happy for the past season., let them move on. Going abck to their failed relationship is like a couple who arent good for each other going back and forth. I get there is a level of drama in being a CW show, but the drama of this relationship has gone on too long. If you like Felicity, let her move on. Olly is clearly not a good fit for her. Back several seasons ago, i was rooting for them, but now its becoming painful to watch. Put the bats down, the horse is dead.

• Lyla

April 14, 2017 #10 Author

I think it’s good for a show to have a different kind of episode from time to time. It’s also been said that this doesn’t instantly end with them getting back together and throwing butterflies & rainbows in the air. It’s character driven, yes, but that doesn’t mean it cannot be interesting. Oliver & Felicity are the leading characters, there will always be a story between them, and it doesn’t have to be romantic. Point is, it would be nice if people stopped seeing read every time those two are mentioned in the same sentence. I realize the same thing (though in smaller scale) can be said about Katie Cassidy — and I won’t hide that I didn’t enjoy her portrayal of Laurel at all, but I DO keep an open mind, therefore, I can accept that I have no problem with her playing a villain, simply because she’s not bad at it. That’s what happens when your opinions are not set in stone out of spite – you can actually enjoy your show without preconceived hate.

• ME

April 14, 2017 #11 Author

I so wish there was a like button for this post!

• Luke

April 14, 2017 #12 Author

This really seems like it’s just a filler episode. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is why they’d do one this late in the seasons when momentum is supposed to be building. I doubt it’ll last past this episode, it wouldn’t make any sense for them to bring back this forced romance. Then again, it made no sense to do it in the first place.

• Rob

April 15, 2017 #13 Author

Why do you think they don’t make sense as a couple?

• Luke

April 15, 2017 #14 Author

Rob, why on earth is it so difficult for you to comprehend that there are people with different opinions than you? I have been outspoken as to why I don’t believe they are a good fit, and I swear every single comment I and many others make, there you are “Why do you feel this way?” “”Why don’t you agree with me?” Get over yourself man.

• Rob

April 16, 2017 #15 Author

It was an earnest question. I was just wondering, not meant to make you upset. Just wondering if you could expound upon it. Please stop getting so upset over something meant in good faith. When I ask peoples opinions, I know this might be a foreign concept, but it could just be that inquiring minds want to know for no other reason than curiosity.

April 18, 2017 #16 Author

I’ve asked Rob not to do this too… Rob, please don’t second guess everyone else all the time. Sometimes an opinion is just that, it doesn’t need to be explained.

• Rob

April 19, 2017 #17 Author

It’s not second guessing, it’s simply polite conversation, but if that bothers you so much…

April 20, 2017 #18 Author

Rob, again, don’t question what I say and don’t talk to me. Just stop talking back to people. It’s not a difficult concept.

April 17, 2017 #19 Author

LOL at some people thinking 3 and 4 arrow seasons were all about Olicity. Someone who loves number so broke it down and In one of those seasons only 7% was dedicated to Oliver and Felicity. Go look it up because some of you look really dumb trying to make this season 3 and 4 were all about Olicity when it was anything but.

• Luke

April 18, 2017 #20 Author

Typical felicity fan, making up bogus stats to support their point. No one is saying Seasons 3 and 4 were only about Olicity, what we’re saying is that way too much time was spent on it. It should have been abandoned after S3 when it became clear that it didn’t work.

April 20, 2017 #21 Author

Nope way too much time wasn’t spent on it and if you would have looked at that post you would’ve seen the actual percentage.

• Blackstreet

April 18, 2017 #22 Author

The truth is Oliver lied to Slade about the “Woman in his life” and used Felicity as a pawn to save the real woman he loves, Dinah Laurel Lance. Slade saw Oliver carry Laurel’s picture around for over a year and still got duped. The reason our show is a mess is because Laurel was presented as the one Oliver was going to be with. (You know one of the reasons he survived the island) Then she was directly undermined by the writers and the Olicity fans. When Oliver and Laurel where finally allowed to be together in Season 1 for the last two episodes they had incredible chemistry. Felicity and Oliver should have a friendship based upon intellect only. I know this post will receive negative feedback because I’m not an Olicity fan. And I tried to give them a chance, but the truth is the writers & producers have “Failed The City” by trying to produce a canned relationship. That’s why the show is divided because the Arrow & Black Canary should be fighting side by side saving the city. Quentin should be the Chief of Police with a real role to play like in season one instead of being a shell of a character. Felicity should be designing new weapons and providing Intel only.

April 20, 2017 #23 Author

^ That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve read. Then others can say Laurel should have stayed a lawyer because she sure wasn’t any good as a BC. Oh and if they had such good chemistry, they wouldn’t have had to change the show to have Felicity be female lead, tech guru and love interest.

April 20, 2017 #24 Author

Felicity may be the lead female character on the show, but Willa Holland is still the top billed.

• Lyla

April 21, 2017 #25 Author

And that is a bit weird, isn’t it? Just proves once again that billing order can be quite far away from what is actually happening on the show. And I’m not saying this because I’m a Felicity fan since I am also a big Thea fan. And I’d have no problem with her being the female lead, except she’s obviously not. This season she was barely ON this show. That’s what makes her ”billing spot” even more peculiar. I won’t pretend to know how the billing stuff is negotiated, but it very often has little to do with actual screen time and importance on the show. Curious to see what next year’s billing will look like.

May 1, 2017 #26 Author

I think next year’s billing will probably depend on whether or not Willa Holland is still on the show for Season 6. And even assuming she’s not, I’d imagine David Ramsey would be billed second. (I think he may currently be second-billed, but I could be wrong.)

My further prediction is that Katie Cassidy will get the “and” near the end, OR a “Special Appearance By” like Tom Felton on Flash. I can’t recall specifically whenever anyone has left and come back, but I feel like they usually don’t come back to where they were originally.

Usually these things are dictated by experience and name recognition going in, though that’s not always the case — Cole Sprouse is billed after Lili Reinhart and Camila Mendes on Riverdale, for example. Willa had a ton of experience going into Arrow, and Emily wasn’t even a series regular in Season 1, so she would inevitably be further down the list.

It also has to do with negotiations, I think.

Smallville for a long time used to irritate fan wars because Erica Durance was for a time billed before Allison Mack… that was more of a case, though, of the three leads (Tom/Kristin/Michael) being listed first, and then the “second tier” which was in alphabetical order (Eric Johnson and Jensen Ackles were both listed before Allison Mack too, but you know how those fan complaints go)… and then the older people.

And now I REALLY miss opening titles and credits.

Personally speaking, though, and I don’t want to open a can of worms, the “Emily is the leading lady” talk feels like a way to disinclude someone like Willa, much like “OTA” seemed to be a way to not include Katie Cassidy in the mix, and we really shouldn’t have to disinclude anyone.