2017 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Biggest Shocker of Arrow Season 5! 2017 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Biggest Shocker of Arrow Season 5!
Fans are invited to pick the Biggest Shocker of Arrow Season 5 in the 2017 GreenArrowTV Awards. 2017 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Biggest Shocker of Arrow Season 5!

It’s time for another category in the annual GreenArrowTV Awards – honoring the best and not-so-best of the most recent Arrow season.

As always, fans of any show have opinions. This is the chance for those fans to recognize the things they did (or didn’t) like this past year. Details on some other things like IP limits, etc. are discussed in this post.

The current category now is Biggest Shocker of Season 5. If there was a big shock that is not included among the choices, feel free to write it in.

Voting in past categories can still be done and will be a thing you can do through the end of the voting period. Come back in a few days for the next topic!

You can see last year’s results here. – Pre-order Arrow: The Complete Fifth Season on Blu-ray!

• Richard Choate

August 26, 2017 #1 Author

I know it happened really early in the season but I think Tobias Church getting killed by Prometheus was worthy of making the biggest shocker list.

• Liz

August 27, 2017 #2 Author

I had to pick Oliver admitting to liking killing. I love Olicity but haha, them having sex wasn’t a shocker. They’re still in love, it was obvious it was gonna happen! Oliver liking killing isn’t something I expected him to ever say. I can’t say any of the other options were shocking either, especially when I follow vague spoilers. It was pretty meh.

• Mike

August 28, 2017 #3 Author

Honestly, I really don’t think that there were that good of shockers this season; which is why I think it’s one of the reasons why this season did hardly much of anything for me. Quite a bit of if made sense and some I thought were just downright ridiculous to a degree. So I really can’t vote for anything. I think one of the most all to obvious things that happened would be the island explosion. As soon as I saw the bombs before the end of the finale, I pretty much knew what would happen. Hopefully their can be some better shockers next season. Even though the show took a different route and ended differently compared to the past finales, which was good and all; It still didn’t quite work for me.

• Justin

August 29, 2017 #4 Author

Season 5 was fantastic, but was devoid of any TRUE shockers. It doesn’t help that having such a tight-knit main cast softens the blow when a character identity is revealed (Prometheus). What made Season 2’s reveal of Slade Wilson being in the present so good (see: “Three Ghosts”) was the fact that while he was credited as a main cast member, he was initially thought to ONLY be in flashbacks. So, seeing him as the real puppetmaster by that 9th episode was chilling.
    I gave my vote to Laurel being alive. While it was more of an eye-roller than anything else, it was still certainly shocking when it happened…and how they made it pay off was truly great.
    I’m going to be different and say I didn’t really see them ACTUALLY detonating the island, but when it happened I still wasn’t surprised due to them announcing that the island was going to blow. It might’ve been neat if they somehow saved that surprise. Either way, this season proved that quality doesn’t have to be in ‘shocking moments’, as Season 5 was stellar regardless.

August 30, 2017 #5 Author

When a show is well-written, it doesn’t need “Shocking!” to keep the audience engaged. Surprises, but not shocks. So I voted for Oliver teaming up with Slade, which was a good surprise.

Worst surprise was Oliver telling the team that he killed Billy and everyone going to comfort him. Including Felicity who no one thought to comfort when her boyfriend had just been killed. Yeah, Oliver felt bad but the person who really needed her friends to support her was Felicity. The show is poorer when even in s5 it’s only All About Oliver.

• Amarice

September 1, 2017 #6 Author

I’ve chosen Oliver killing the innocent person. Almost complete lack of consequences and unrealistic reactions of the characters is another matter – it’s almost as if they were not allowed to mourn or feel particularly guility over what happened. Surely, let’s throw a party a couple of hours later, and let Oliver feel any guilt six episodes later. Unfortunately “Arrow” again showed the tendency to just skip o ver the hardest parts. Almost as if they’ve forget that 5×10 was a follow-up to 5×09, and there was no a few weeks gap.
    I wonder if I should even mention that, but putting events like flashback sex in “Biggest Shockers” is as accurate as putting a scene with Felicity trying to draw back Oliver’s bow in 1×14 in a poll about the best archery scenes.

• Ariane

September 15, 2017 #7 Author

Adrian not being Vigilante was really awkward!