CONFIRMED: Manu Bennett (Slade) In The Arrow Season 5 Finale CONFIRMED: Manu Bennett (Slade) In The Arrow Season 5 Finale
Deathstroke is returning to Arrow in the Season 5 finale. CONFIRMED: Manu Bennett (Slade) In The Arrow Season 5 Finale

It had been said that an unexpected ally becomes involved to stop Prometheus… and now, a Tweet from Stephen Amell has revealed just who that ally will be.

Amell today Tweeted a photo of a Deathstroke helmet and tagged it “Desperate times call for desperate measures. Welcome back, @manubennett.” The Arrow Season 5 finale, possibly titled “Lian Yu,” is currently filming.

Doing the math… and assuming Stephen is not just kidding around… could it be that Manu Bennett aka Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke is coming back?

We hope so. It HAS been confirmed that many people are coming back for the season finale, and Slade is a character that many have been hoping to see again.

UPDATE: GreenArrowTV has gotten confirmation from the network and the studio that Manu Bennett is indeed in the Arrow season finale… Stephen was definitely not kidding!

You can see the Tweet below.

• Rob

April 10, 2017 #1 Author

I think they release plot points like this to stop leaks from getting out. I can only surmise that the producers thought they couldn’t keep this under wraps so they let Stephen put out this pic so they could release it on their terms. I can’t think of any other reason because this would’ve been a VERY nice surprise.

• Luke

April 10, 2017 #2 Author

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST. NEWS. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rob

April 10, 2017 #4 Author

Did someone forget to tell Manu……?? Just seen his tweet “WTF For the record I,m not going back to Arrow! #assumptionsthemotherofall”

• Rob

April 11, 2017 #5 Author

correction ““WTF For the record I,m not going back FOR Arrow! #assumptionsthemotherofall”……..Guess I was just assuming.

• Jek Tezak

April 11, 2017 #6 Author

I’m very happy we’ll see Slade again! Best character on the show besides Green Arrow himself! Oh that island!

• 134sc

April 12, 2017 #7 Author

Im so confused. Reputable websites are reporting and confirming this as fact. Yet some tweets from Bennet himself suggest otherwise. What the hell is going on?

• Rob

April 14, 2017 #8 Author

It might not be Manu playing Deathstroke in the suit. But I do think he will record lines that will be used in the episode.

April 17, 2017 #9 Author

Dude only did voice work. The stunt double is doing all the costume work. Manu already left.

• Luke

April 18, 2017 #10 Author

You are honestly the poster child for haters. it’s like you feel compelled to talk down anything regarding this show that isn’t Felicity related. Get a life

April 18, 2017 #11 Author

Please don’t tell other users to “get a life” here. Everyone’s entitled to like different things.

• Luke

April 18, 2017 #12 Author

I apologize for the choice of words that I used. I stand by the message I was trying to get across though.