2017 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Season 5 Guest With 3 or More Episodes! 2017 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Season 5 Guest With 3 or More Episodes!
Arrow fans pick their favorite Season 5 guest with 3 or more episode in the latest GreenArrowTV Awards category. 2017 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Season 5 Guest With 3 or More Episodes!

Now that it’s summer hiatus time, it’s time again for voting in the annual GreenArrowTV Awards – honoring the best and not-so-best of the most recent Arrow season.

As always, fans of any show have opinions. This is the chance for those fans to recognize the things they did (or didn’t) like this past year. Details on some other things like IP limits, etc. are discussed in this post.

The current category now is Best Guest Star With 3 Or More Episodes. The actors listed were all guest stars in Arrow Season 5 who appeared in three or more episodes of the season. Looking for Manu Bennett, Katrina Law, Susanna Thompson, or some other favorites? They’ll be in the “1 or 2 episodes” category. And of course, Arrow series regulars were already covered in previous categories. Voting in past categories can still be done and will be a thing you can do through the end of the voting period.

There were a lot of recurring guests this year, what with the new recruits and all. Do remember that you can only be “heard” if you vote, and you can come back in a few days for another topic!

You can see last year’s results here. – Pre-order Arrow: The Complete Fifth Season on Blu-ray!

• Liz

July 1, 2017 #1 Author

Easy! David Nykl.
    Btw, I keep trying to click on the article featuring Dinah’s new BC costume but it only takes me back to the main page. Wondered if there’s an issue/bug or something.

• scott

July 1, 2017 #2 Author

Joe Dinicol! I miss Ragman.David Nykl and Juliana were amazing as well!

• Delaney

July 1, 2017 #3 Author

Would have voted Dolph if Katie hadn’t been on the list. Even with as little as he got to do, he blew everyone else out of the water.

• callistawolf

July 1, 2017 #4 Author

This was a tough pick for me! So many great guest stars. Even narrowing it down I had a hard time picking between Juliana, Joe and Rick. I ultimately picked Juliana but honestly, some great guest stars this season. Can’t wait to see more David Nykl!

• Ched

July 2, 2017 #5 Author

Juliana hands down.

• Arrowette

July 2, 2017 #6 Author

Joe Dinicol. He had wonderful and organic introduction, amazing chemistry with the cast especially with Emily and Stephen. The most talented and charismatic actor on guest sting. Too bad the writers aka WB/CW instead develop this character whom audience actually liked, they decided to do one more or #5 incarnation on Bird, Or write for Wild Dog?! WHY?TPTB I will tell you one secret: I don’t read comics, and after Arrow, I WILL NOT READ THE COMICS. Instead, I will follow the actors and actress who impressed me with acting, especially considering how bad was writing, and o boy, the recton and gaslighting in season 5 was “10 kinds of painly bad” (arrow writers favorite saying) and insulting. You can recognize the good actor when he elevates the poor material he is given.
    Hey, is there gonna be pool for the best director? Cuz I just watched The GLOW and noticed Wendey Stanzler directed the second episode. Can I say I LOVE her style of directing! Why she isn’t directing more Arrow episodes?

July 3, 2017 #7 Author

Totally going to have a Best Director. I’d assume she isn’t directing more because she’s been in demand, doing things like The GLOW. I really admire that the Berlanti group has hired so many female directors. 🙂

July 2, 2017 #8 Author

Joe Dinicol. The most seamless transition into the team and he had chemistry with everyone. It’s too bad the powers that be decided to axe him off the show. If something is going good, you don’t take them off the show. Such a stupid decision.

• julianna

July 2, 2017 #9 Author

katie cassidy!

July 2, 2017 #10 Author

This is really tough. David Nykl was tops, Lexa Doig and Tyler Ritter both were very impressive with characters that should have been written much better.
    But in the end I picked Joe Dinicol. Ragman is the only new team member I liked being added to the team and the only one I would have kept, But he ended up being the one that the show dropped. You can’t argue that meta powers have no place on Team Arrow and then give two meta characters contracts to be regulars next season.. #hypocrisy

• Cara Murphy (@ol4fr)

July 2, 2017 #11 Author

Tough choice. My top 2 would be a tie between Joe Dinicol and David Nykl. Both Ragman and Anatoly were fantastic from their very first appearances.

Ragman because he fit so seamlessly into the team, he didn’t have a chip on his shoulder the size of a boulder(see Wild Dog) and showed nothing but respect for Oliver from the second he joined the team.

Anatoly because we got to see the continuation of the brotherly bond between himself and Oliver – made all the more poignant due to how their friendship has seemingly fallen apart in the present day.

• asdfsdf

July 2, 2017 #12 Author

Rick Gonzalez/Wild Dog for me. His character went through the most growth and his interactions with Quentin ‘Hoss’ Lance were great.

• Ariane

July 2, 2017 #13 Author

Juliana, Audrey and David were my fave but my vote goes to my favorite russian!

• Melissa

July 2, 2017 #14 Author

I love so many of the characters/actors on that list. It’s a tough choice, but the one I actively miss now that his is gone is Rory/Ragman, so he got my vote. Sorry Anatoly, I still really love you though.

• Coluanprime

July 2, 2017 #15 Author

Toss up between Juliana Harkvany, Katie Cassidy, David Nykl, lexa Doig, Audrey Marie Anderson; and Joe Dinicol for me. All were pretty great. Rick Gonzalez should get a honorable mention for consistently turning in good work especially when Wild Dog was written rather poorly at the beginning of the season.

I was kinda worried at the beginning of the season about having a bunch of new teammates at the beginning of the season but they all turned out pretty great and the writers were good about balancing them with established characters. The still need to do some more work with Curtis, and establish Dinah a little better but I now have faith in them.

• Coluanprime

July 2, 2017 #16 Author

Oops that wasn’t supposed to be a reply to you, just a general comment…

• Justin

July 5, 2017 #17 Author

While Juliana Harkavy’s Tina Boland/Dinah Drake introduction showed a lot of promise, her character was unfortunately sidelined for the rest of the season. It’s hard to secure a vote for her when she didn’t have that much material to work with (despite her being fantastic in every scene she was in).
    So, this was easily between Rick Gonzales, David Nykl, and Dolph Lundgren. Rick Gonzales had the most screen time for sure, and while his performance and character both grew as the season progressed (something similar happened to Stephen Amell in Arrow’s first season if you remember), it unfortunately wasn’t up to par with Nykl and Lundgren. My vote is for David Nykl, whose return as Anatoly was more than welcomed; complemented with good character arcs in flashbacks/present day. It was AWESOME seeing Dolph Lundgren on Arrow, and he was great in every scene he was in, but there wasn’t enough to the character to really sell him 100% as the ‘flashback villain’. It was more of the 80% range.

• Natman

July 6, 2017 #18 Author

That was tough. Stuck between Nykl or Gonzales. But lots of good guest stars

• Lyla

July 8, 2017 #19 Author

David Nykl is amazing and I think he has a chance of winning this (judging by the comments), but I gave my voice to Lexa Doig. I think the actress was cast fabulously for talia. Even so much as after I watched her first appearance on the show, I actually went and checked out talia in the comics. For a person who doesn’t give a damn about comics, that’s saying a lot. I actually think she was largely misused and if she’s dead, that’s really a shame.