Arrow Season 7 Ups Kirk Acevedo To Series Regular Arrow Season 7 Ups Kirk Acevedo To Series Regular
Kirk Acevedo has been upgraded to series regular for Arrow Season 7. Arrow Season 7 Ups Kirk Acevedo To Series Regular

We’ve just returned from a screening of the Arrow season premiere, airing this Monday, October 15 on The CW, and a peek at the credits noted that Colton Haynes isn’t the only actor getting a series regular upgrade for Arrow Season 7!

Kirk Acevedo, whose Ricardo Diaz (a.k.a. The Dragon) was a recurring presence during the sixth year and went on to be a Big Bad that survived to Season 7, is now a series regular on the show! Considering the damage that he did to Oliver Queen and his family in Season 6, he is bound to be a menacing presence for the seventh year.

Acevedo’s previous credits include Fringe, 12 Monkeys, Kingdom, and Oz. He also made a visit to the Marvel Universe with a guest role on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. You can find Kirk on Twitter at @kirkacevedo.

• M-P

October 11, 2018 #1 Author

Sounds like a terrible idea. Horribley written character. This killed my excitement for this season.

• Matheus

October 11, 2018 #2 Author

Can you confirm the credit’s order?

October 11, 2018 #3 Author

I can try, but I’m just going from memory so I might get it wrong.

I think it went Stephen, David, Emily, Echo, Juliana, Rick, Colton, Kirk, Katie. But again could be wrong, especially with Juliana and Rick. It seems to be in order of when they signed on as series regulars, but with Katie at the end and Colton coming in from when he REjoined the cast.

• M

October 11, 2018 #4 Author

If this is true. NNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!! They aren’t thinking at this point. If this season doesn’t start to get better then I give up. I pray and hope a new different main villain will come in at some point. Please for the love of Pete, WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER SEASON LIKE LAST SEASON OR AN ATROCIOUS FINALE. Worst news I’ve heard today.

• jayokio

October 11, 2018 #5 Author

Yayyy!!!! Best news I have heard concerning ‘arrow’ in a very long time.. Diaz was cool last year, and I’m sure he’s gonna be even better this season

• M

October 14, 2018 #6 Author

Why do you like Kirk so much? He’s the worst for quite a lot of people. I just don’t get it. He’s got no good strong story. Had no reason to do what he did last season. He may want revenge against Oliver, but then who hasn’t at some point. If the show wanted to start getting better it would only have him in the show for so long. But clearly they don’t and are running out of ides at this point. There’s nothing good or great about him whatsoever. What is your deal with him.? I don’t know if you’ve seen the show since the beginning, but the past villains had more meaning and seriously felt like a challenge for Oliver one even shook up his confidence for a bit. Diaz doesn’t remotely come even close.

• Liz

October 12, 2018 #7 Author

I gotta admit, not happy about this. He was such a poor villain and one of the reasons I felt S6 wasn’t good at all. I hope they handle him better this time around because right now all I’m thinking is this is a big mistake.

• Anson

October 12, 2018 #8 Author

Good for Kirk!

• M

October 14, 2018 #9 Author

Kirk may be a respectable actor. And may just be doing what he’s told to do. And I don’t have a problem with that. But the way his character is very poorly written and what he is told to do is just atrocious. I guess from some of these comments I guess people are hoping for either a better season with him or just for whatever some kind of reason just like his character. I don’t get what people like about the character. He had an extremely weak backstory, and just had an extremely stupid and poor reason for doing what he did. I really don’t see the new season making things better for the entirety of the show or the Dragon. When I heard that Kirk was promoted to regular, it diminished my hope for that the show might get better next season. I’m still going to try to get through what I can of this season just to see if it may start going up again. My hopes for that are very low or about next to none. If this show doesn’t begin to improve then there should not be an 8.

• becky boo

October 15, 2018 #10 Author

What a bizarre choice, given how terrible the character was last year. We went from Adrian Chase who had meaningful motivation that was connected to Oliver, who spent a year properly getting in Oliver’s head and believably tormenting him culminating in the amazing season finale where EVERYONE Oliver loved was in peril. To this. A “Big Bad” who had no connection to Oliver, who’s only motivation was “I was bullied when I was 7”, who isn’t remotely menacing because all he does is yell, and who’s big bad plan was as baffling as it was ridiculous. He started the season as a low level drug dealer – who Oliver should have been able to take out the first time they met – to ‘oh, I own the police, the city, the judicial system etc etc’ with no explanation of how he got so powerful. Diaz was lammmmmmmme. I was so disappointed he didn’t die in 623, and was hoping he’d be bumped off immediately in season 7. This is a bizarre choice, because an Arrow season is only as good as its Big Bad, and Diaz is the worst one they’ve ever had, and yet they’re prolonging keeping him around?! Unfathomable.

• M

October 15, 2018 #11 Author

I will agree with your Diaz statement and yes Adrian was a heck of a lot better, but the S5 finale wasn’t that great, I expected one if not both Slade or Boomerang to turn on him. The whole fight scene was just alright. But if they hadn’t not only hinted at the island exploding before the episode and hadn’t done a complete cop out in the S6 premiere than yes the S5 finale would have definitely been up there. But I do agree that Diaz doesn’t have any good or at least okay motivation. He’s nothing like the earlier villains in the show. And just the fact that he’s being promoted to a season regular. Out of anyone they went with him? Please. WORST “villain” EVER.