Stephen Amell Is Oliver Queen/Green Arrow In Arrow

Craig Byrne January 31, 2012 15

And the casting news begins!

Multiple news outlets have revealed and confirmed that actor Stephen Amell has been cast as Green Arrow in Arrow.

Amell is probably best known for a role on Hung; his other credits include Private Practice and 90210. Earlier this season he had a recurring role on The Vampire Diaries as Brady.

Stephen was born in May 1981 which would make him 30 years old. And from the picture to the right, it does look like Amell can rock a goatee, if this Green Arrow should happen to have one.

A lead actor and a director are now known, and next, we’ll have to see who will be playing Dinah/”Laurel,” Tommy Merlyn, and more…

Talk about this casting news on the KSiteTV Forum!

1. Greg January 31, 2012 at 11:07 am -

Darn, I was really pulling for Justin Hartley…. I’m a Smallville fan, what can i say :)

2. Joe January 31, 2012 at 11:25 am -

That sucks!

3. Anon January 31, 2012 at 12:06 pm -

I’ll definitely be watching out for this. Great casting !!

4. hopeless February 1, 2012 at 12:31 am -

Don’t know him, wish him well nonetheless he has big shoes to fill!

5. Rox February 1, 2012 at 9:28 am -

I was pulling for Justin Hartley as well. Of course no one can possibly replace Hartley’s iconic role on Smallville, but Stephan Amell is a good choice too.

6. susan February 1, 2012 at 12:07 pm -

I am interested in seeing it. This show better have great writers. What I want to see more is a Tv series on Bruce Wayne/Batman. I would love to see the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Alfred. The show should tell the story through Alfred’s eyes. I don’t think anyone will because there are so many movies that have already been made. Producer’s may not be welling to take the risk to make a series that tells the story of a character we have read and seen hundreds of times. A show is possible with great writers plus a show isn’t a movie. Shows reveal more of who characters are their stories. Someone please bring me a Batman tv series. I love tv more than movies.

7. Snurfles February 2, 2012 at 9:38 am -

They just lost me. Justin Hartley deserved this role. Big mistake CW.

8. mike February 3, 2012 at 7:13 am -

Ithink the guy how played green arrow in smallville should be the playing in the tv show not this new guy and will their be a justic laegue movie with all the people feom samllvill like tom wellgion as superman and so on

9. emenemdj February 3, 2012 at 1:41 pm -

All the commentors who are being negative about having any actor besides Justin Hartley: be realistic. I loved Hartley as GA on Smallville. He was fabulous. However: 1. This is not a Smallville spinoff (if that were the case, I would be right there with you) 2. This is an entirely different take on and premise for this character so would, legitimately, require a different actor. 3. NOONE can make a judgement call about a series based on casting news alone. We have no idea of the script, the props, or what, possibly amazing, nuances this cast will bring to it. To make a blanket negative statement, or refuse to watch a new version of a character because they didn’t do what YOU wanted is your loss. At least have the decency to give it a try first. Seriously!

10. robert February 4, 2012 at 12:51 am -

I would rather see Justin h as the ga and believe they should have gave him at least an offer for the part but I’m sure this new guy will do a good job but I would like to see some smallville characters in the show to

11. Dennis07 February 4, 2012 at 12:22 pm -

Well i can understand Justin’s decision, and I am Glad justin was apart of the Smallville Saga and i half to say Good luck in your Future. On to another serious note Who Is going to Play the Black Canary???

12. RICH WORONOWICZ February 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm -

I please to hear there is going to be a Green Arrow show. At first Justin Hartley in the role. However Stephen Amell with his goatie beard looks more the part from the comics.I dont like the idea of how they changing Black Canary form Dianah to”Laurel. They alos changing her history. For example when did she have a sister that died. They could have done about her mother being the previous Black Canary and she take over the role from her dead mother. Looks like Dianah is not going to even be the Black Canary in this series.

• Super February 18, 2012 at 12:03 am -

“Her daughter Dinah Laurel Lance, is the second Black Canary, who has appeared in modern stories and joined the Justice League. She first appeared in Justice League of America #219 (October 1983).”

They did not change her name, she has always been Dinah Laurel.

13. Limelight February 6, 2012 at 12:13 am -

I guess I’m kind of getting used to this guy, but I still prefer Justin be cast as Arrow, very much.

14. kino February 8, 2012 at 12:17 pm -

Justin Hartley never had the image of Green Arrow. However this Stephen Amell does.