Check out their original piece where they also offer some of their casting choices.
Here are more details that they were able to get:
– Oliver Queen is a “27 year old reformed bad boy.” He spent five years shipwrecked on a tiny, dangerous island. He returns to Starling City “a different man.”
– Dinah “Laurel” Lance is 28, and she’s “a legal aid attorney determined to use her life as a one-woman war against the 1%” following the death of her sister Sara.
– Remember the Sara character we mentioned in the previous post? She’s “Laurel”‘s sister, and she died aboard Oliver’s yacht. Oops. No wonder Dinah/Laurel is mad at him.
– The “Tommy” mentioned before, his last name is Merlyn. Like Green Arrow’s enemy. Described as “28 years old and devil-smooth.” He can’t understand Oliver’s change of lifestyle and direction. He likes parties, liquor, and sex… so “frat boy,” like we mentioned before.
– Moira Queen is very wealthy and “not used to being shaken.” She is in charge of the Queen fortune, and is worried that Robert Queen will return unexpectedly as well.
– John Diggle is a 35 year old African-American military man who served with the Army Rangers in Afghanistan. He’s hired by Moira to be Oliver’s bodyguard. Oliver repeatedly eludes his protection. The casting breakdown (or TVAddict’s piece) also said this: “Diggle’s primary conflict is one of loyalty — he has to show that he’s working for Oliver, not Moira, before Oliver will give him a smidgen of trust.”
– And here’s where the pitchforks came out – The TVAddict has confirmed that Thea is Thea Queen, Oliver’s younger… sister. She was 12 when Oliver and her father disappeared. Now she’s a “celebutante” who acts badly. She loved her big brother with all of her heart, and she’s glad to have him back – but now that she’s older and spreading her wings, she might not be ready for Oliver to be Bad Cop in her family and making sure she behaves. She is the only one who gets away with calling Oliver “Ollie,” and Ollie, in turn, calls her “Speedy.”