2014 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Actor (Male) From Arrow Season 2!

Craig Byrne June 10, 2014 13

ARR_S2_David_sContinuing the voting for the 2014 GreenArrowTV Awards with results to be posted later this summer, it’s time to pick your favorite actor from the second season of Arrow!

The nominees are all actors who were series regulars in Arrow Season 2. So, while actors like John Barrowman, Kevin Alejandro, and Colin Salmon were all great, they were just guest stars.

Voting for the ladies will come next, once this is through.

1. Marko June 11, 2014 at 12:03 am -

i voted Stephen Amell as Oliver, im not being biased because he is the hero and the main character and all, but i seriously think that in season 2, Amell really figured out how to perfectly portray Oliver’s ‘emotions/feels’ and how it is hard for Oliver to be who he is and Stephen is perfect at being Oliver

2. sean June 11, 2014 at 8:33 am -

I voted for Mr. Amell. He really carried a lot of weight this season and displayed a great deal of depth as an actor. On a side note, he seams like a truly wonderful human being and I just like him as a dude.

3. JJB June 11, 2014 at 3:06 pm -

I voted for Stephen. Just watch his performance from “Crucible” and you all will.

4. Halberdier17 June 12, 2014 at 8:21 am -

It was hard to choose but I voted Paul Blackthorne. He is a really good actor.

5. Trish June 12, 2014 at 2:24 pm -

I voted for Stephen, because let’s be honest, it’s his show. He’s phenomenal! But I’m all about David Ramsey!

• Forouzan June 13, 2014 at 4:09 am -

Totally agree with you. if there was a category for best supporting actor i would choose David Ramsey.

6. Deathstroke June 15, 2014 at 1:59 am -

Sorry guys but Stephen Amell is just not a very good actor. He is a great action performer and a wonderful fit for the role no doubt but he is not a good actor. Especially in the emotional scenes or very dramatic scenes his acting is still so wooden and feels just not real. His facial expressions are also very limited and often he doesnt have more then 2 or 3 of them. So while Stephen is certainly a great Oliver Queen and carried the show nicely as the lead, he is most certainly not the best actor in the bunch. David Ramsey is much, much better and feels far more real.

But the absolutely best actor is Manu Bennett. That man is just phenomenal. His presence alone elevated every scene to a different level and he portrayed Deathstroke so damn perfectly. There is a reason why almost every fan loved his take on the character and Deathstroke become so popular over the last year. That reason is Manu Bennett. Not to mention that his performance pretty much nailed everyone else against the wall once he showed up. There is no debate, for me Manu is the clearest and most definitive choice. I didnt even have to think 2 seconds about this.

• Stan June 17, 2014 at 5:55 am -

I couldn’t agree with you more. My thoughts exactly.

7. vabby June 17, 2014 at 5:34 pm -

I struggled with this one. The people I eliminated and why: I would give it to DR, but he didn’t get enough lines this season. CH was struggling between being Sleeping Beauty and Bam-Bam. Manu was okay but not enough lines to be real magnetic for me. Paul Blackthorne was good actually…

So it came down to Paul Blackthorne and Stephen Amell. PB won.

My issues with SA, and not his acting as it was just the portrayal of his character that annoyed me. Although I loved Sara/Oliver, I didn’t like it’s fast progression and then end.

The storyline didn’t flow very well, although I felt they had chemistry. SA didn’t have the same depth I was expecting with CL in scenes that he had with the team. I felt he played off the team better.

Not to mention, his man-pain scenes were a bit annoying in the second half of the season, which says a lot. In the first half they were great.

I just liked PB overall. He’s a brilliant actor and I like him struggling with his partners death, his interactions with Felicity and the Arrow team, I loved his scenes with Laurel—even if Laurel left me cold.

8. henry June 18, 2014 at 2:06 am -

voted for Paul Blackthorne(Quentin Lance)..My favourite Actor in Arrow

9. Bruce Wayne June 19, 2014 at 7:39 am -

Love all of these characters and the actors gave fantastic performances this season but i had to go with Manu as Slade, i think he really took it up 2 levels since last season and his performance was fearful, i got chills every time his anger kicked in, his voice says it all.

10. Mariana June 23, 2014 at 5:50 pm -

Voted for Stephen but I really like Colton and David too. I just love all the 5 members of team arrow, including Felicity and Sara. Can’t wait for more of them in season 3.

11. Ashley August 12, 2014 at 8:10 am -

Okay again all of the guys on this show are amazing, but Stephen Amell has this ability to play the “dark” Oliver/Arrow and fun immature pre-island Ollie very well. I can’t wait to see him grow in both timelines. Season 1 Oliver was too dark, but it’s to be expected after all the bad things we have seen happen to him in the flashbacks (and they r only getting worst), but in season 2 even though it’s not been smooth sailing I think he is opening up slowly which Amell is doing a great job showing.