Video: Stephen Amell & Colton Haynes On Arrow Season 3

Craig Byrne June 2, 2014 21

arr223_0524CelebTV has posted a video interview from the recent Upfronts where they hear Stephen Amell’s words about that “Olicity” dialogue from the Arrow Season 2 finale… and Colton Haynes talks about the status of the Thea-Roy relationship.

Regarding Oliver and Felicity, Stephen Amell says we’ll know early on where that storyline will go.

“I’ll tell you what… whether or not that was a ruse, a bait-and-switch, he really meant it… we’re gonna find out very early on in Season 3 if he actually meant it,” Amell promises.

See the video below. So far, no premiere date for Arrow Season 3 has been announced, but it is assumed it will be in October.

(Our thanks to Zap2It for bringing this interview to our attention)

1. Marko June 3, 2014 at 10:53 pm - Reply

come on! PLZ be Olicity in season 3! :)

2. Lisa June 4, 2014 at 4:19 am - Reply

hmm… Im not a fan of Olicity.. Im on team laurel :-)… but, this season I dont want to see Oliver with anyone… I do think that they do need their shot.. because at the end of it all I think he will end up with Laurel..

3. alby"arrow" June 4, 2014 at 5:14 am - Reply

I think it’s time for Ollie to give that lovely girl an opportunity , I mean ok in the comic he married the Canary but since the tv series is only BASED on the source material I think the beautiful miss Smoke has deserve her chance as leading girl and love interest for the upcoming season 3

4. Pam June 4, 2014 at 1:44 pm - Reply

I think the fact that they are saying this is resolved so early means it goes nowhere. Infact Stephen implies that you got your answer in the finale he just states that if that wasn’t clarity you will get more lol personally I don’t need anymore to know that he’s just not that into her. Anyway, I think he and Laurel will come together by the end of S3 at least I’m hoping it’s the end I really don’t want them to get together any sooner than that but I do want my moments and scenes because I have been waiting patiently for Ms. L Lance to know the secret and now that she does I want to see my two favorites interact A LOT!!

• Lisa June 5, 2014 at 2:36 am - Reply

Me Too

5. BlueRose June 4, 2014 at 3:19 pm - Reply

At the beginning I’ve to say that I’m not a proponent of any relationship in this TV series but if I had to choose I would prefer O/F because their relationship is developed in a amazing way. I like the whole idea of slow burn and I’m into the longterm relationship based on mutual trust, respect, friendship not only concentratin on sex and multiple cheating as in the case of Oliver and Laurel. Their love seems to be quite toxic; coming back and forth between O/L is completely pointless. What’s more I think that the producers, writers and actors are quite annoying because they incessantly provide the viewers with contradictory statements only in order to raise ratings. IMO, if they intend to finish the series with Oliver and Laurel relationship I want them to stop the whole Olicity thing because it is flagrant mockery and showing no regard for some devoted viewers.

6. JJB June 5, 2014 at 12:20 am - Reply

I cannot stomach anymore of “Olicity”, it is pure fan service! I loved Felicity when she would pop up here-and-there in season 1, but in season 2 she was overexposed in the worst of ways (excluding her time with Barry Allen, which was fantastic). The writers shoehorned Felicity into every episode even when she didn’t need to be. I’m absolutely fine with having a series regular in every episode, for no apparent reason… as long as they are a fully fleshed out character. There is no bigger advocate than me when it comes to Felicity Smoak getting backstory. I really hope that we hear that her first name is really Barbara, and has a father named James in season 3. Let’s let Oliver be celibate for awhile, he’s kinda become a slut.

7. Joe June 5, 2014 at 3:06 am - Reply

Wonder why some hate Felicity… while she’s not originally part of the original Green Arrow lore, she was a legit DC universe character that was introduced in the first run of the original Firestorm.

On the other hand… kinda hoping now that Barry as The Flash that is also in the same universe as Arrow that they’d (wishfully) bring in Green Lantern too.

8. Lauren June 5, 2014 at 11:09 pm - Reply

I love Oliver and Felicity. Their friendship/blossoming relationship is the healthiest Oliver has had with any woman on the show. I truly believe they are endgame because the pairing is being built on trust, honesty, and friendship first. I think Oliver meant what he said but he isn’t going to act on it anytime soon. Stephen keeps mentioning what Oliver said earlier in the season, the whole “because of the life I lead…” speech. It still holds true. I think Oliver cares for her but is going to keep his distance because he thinks it’s too dangerous. Like JJB said above, I hope Oliver remains celibate for awhile. I really want him to stay out of the Lance sister triangle forever. Even if he is never with Felicity, I’ll be content if he just stays away from the Lance girls.

• JJB June 6, 2014 at 3:33 pm - Reply

Oliver and Felicity are not endgame, Oliver and Laurel are. That is not based in bias that’s just how it is. I have read countless interviews (from Katie Cassidy, Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti) stating that Oliver and Laurel are each other’s true loves and will end up together at the completion of the series, as it is in the comics. The writers might very well stick “Olicity” together for a time, but it most definitely won’t last.

• Lauren June 6, 2014 at 5:31 pm - Reply

If the writers and producers were following the comic storylines verbatim I’d agree with you, but we already know they (thankfully) aren’t afraid to stray from the comics. We shall see.

• JJB June 6, 2014 at 11:06 pm - Reply

See there is a trick to their straying. When they twist something from the comics, it’s only temporary (i.e. Moira being alive, Wintergreen being Deathstroke, Sara being Black Canary), which makes for genius storytelling and a great narrative. I remember a specific interview Greg Berlanti gave saying that when the series ends Oliver will be the Green Arrow that everyone loves from the comics, that includes a loving relationship with Dinah Laurel Lance.

• BlueRose June 6, 2014 at 11:33 pm -

JJB, why do certain people including you forget about the fact that in the comics Oliver cheated on Laurel with his secretary (probably?) and they finally divorce? So, what is really relationship between them and the happy ending you refer to? Open your eyes,this is TV series which is based on their own rules. At this stage nothing can be said for sure and writers have a lot of opportunities. Maybe in some moment Oliver and Laurel hook up but they can also split up.

9. Marko June 6, 2014 at 3:52 pm - Reply

yeah totally agree with both ‘ Lauren ‘ and ‘ JJB ‘ last comments, as i also ship Olicity’s friendship and relationship and hope they get together! but i personally myself have heard the countless interviews in that Andrew Kriesberg and Katie Cassidy have stated that Oliver and Laurel will be together in the end and ‘ Lauriver ‘ is definitely endagme…

10. Travis Crincoli June 9, 2014 at 2:33 am - Reply

i think that when they reach the second to last season, they will have olicity together and happy. however, that happiness will not last, and she will die, leading into the final season where laurel helps him recover.

Writers arent always afraid to stray completely, as in Smallville, Chloe ended up with Oliver and that was a great relationship. Im an olicity fan and i do hope they are endgame, or at the very least get into a relationship that lasts for a while and isnt just some fan pandering where they break up in one season. let it last 2 or 3 seasons before breaking them apart by death or relationship issues. Or dont break them up at all.

The problem with laurel is that she wasnt written to have much chemistry with oliver, i just dont see it when they interact. everything seems forced. the reason why alot of people have gotten behind olicity is because they have alot of chemistry.

11. Marko June 10, 2014 at 4:17 am - Reply

you couldn’t of worded that any better and i totally agree with you completely!!! :) this is the exact way i think and see Olicity and Lauriver !!! :)

12. sean June 10, 2014 at 9:18 am - Reply

I think the producers are just teasing the olicity fans every week. They have no intention of putting those two in a romantic relationship. Their whole relationship is based off friendship and trust and funny sexual tension. Take that away and there’s nothing to write. I feel Felicity will be killed off eventually which makes me sad because Miss Rickards is absolutely charming and a real treat to watch, but Oliver must end up with Laurel. It’s inevitable.

• JJB June 10, 2014 at 4:14 pm - Reply

You couldn’t be more right Sean. Though I do think an Oracle life is in store for Felicity, not death.

• sean June 10, 2014 at 5:34 pm - Reply

I don’t think they’ll go the birds of prey route. and Felicity is pretty much oracle right now they just don’t call her that. Maybe she’ll marry Ronnie Raymond’s dad like she does in the fire storm comics.

• JJB June 10, 2014 at 11:08 pm - Reply

Gotta agree to disagree. While there is a slim chance that they will go for the “Firestorm” route, but that is unlikely for two major reasons: one, Firestorm is a little too sci-fi for Arrow, two, “Oracle” is within reaching distance right now, story wise. Plus Marc Guggenheim said in an interview that they are adamant about getting the Birds of Prey fully formed, and in my opinion, it would very difficult to introduce Barbara Gordon on Arrow.

13. Paolina June 20, 2014 at 1:01 am - Reply

I really hope for a surprise at the end- i know in the comics Oliver is with Laurel but this is a Tv show, and sorry to say this but for me Olive and Laurel doesn’t work so well as they want. I like Katie but her character is better without Oliver in her live. And they both need someone that won’t remind them of the past. So i hope the writers acknowledge that Oliver and Felicity are much better pairing.

Leave A Response »