The First Official Image From Arrow Is Released!

Craig Byrne March 19, 2012 13

Warner Bros. today unveiled the first official image from Arrow, the pilot now shooting and starring Stephen Amell. (If you’re already reading GreenArrowTV, you probably already knew that was coming!)

Enjoy:

Here’s some more information that Warner Bros. has released:

- A brief plotline: “After being marooned for five years on a remote island, former billionaire playboy Oliver Queen returns with a mysterious agenda and a lethal set of new skills that he uses in a war on crime.”

- The Arrow costume was designed by three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood.

- We’ve also got a quote from pilot director David Nutter, who also directed the first episode of Smallville eleven years ago: “When I directed the pilot for Smallville, I knew that making Clark Kent relatable would be the key to audiences believing in him as a hero. Arrow is a different show — darker and harder-edged — but it’s the same core idea. We’re creating a real, believable world in which Oliver Queen can do incredible things. Colleen Atwood’s great work on the Arrow costume reflects that effort.”

Arrow is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, who is directing, from a teleplay by Kreisberg & Guggenheim, story by Berlanti & Guggenheim. Melissa Kellner Berman is co-executive producer. Arrow is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television and is based upon characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics. © 2012 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. Photo Credit: Joseph Lederer

What do you think? Come talk about it on our Arrow forum and be sure to follow @GreenArrowTV for more show updates!

1. Blah March 19, 2012 at 6:38 am - Reply

Watch there be no mask.

2. Vermy March 19, 2012 at 2:38 pm - Reply

This is an amazing costume. I’m getting more excited for it now!

3. Justin March 19, 2012 at 2:50 pm - Reply

I hope they go for mask not sunglasses

4. OliverQueen March 20, 2012 at 5:22 am - Reply

I want Sunglasses no Mask!

5. B March 20, 2012 at 6:10 am - Reply

I dunno…just doesn’t feel right after seeing this. There is only one Live action Oliver Queen…but I will still keep my mind open.

6. JonathanisMagnum March 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm - Reply

This was posted Monday….LATE

• Craig Byrne March 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm - Reply

Yeah, and the article was posted Monday… so not LATE. It was posted here on GATV within minutes of release. Nice try, though, with whatever you’re trying to say. *shaking head*

7. Michael J. Petty March 22, 2012 at 1:19 pm - Reply

LOVE IT! Looks a little Robin Hood-ish for my taste and obviously I prefer the Smallville Green Arrow look, but it’s still pretty sweet. Cannot wait to see Arrow on the CW this fall, if it makes it that long!

8. Anonymous March 22, 2012 at 3:36 pm - Reply

This looks like the one from SV with that hood. . . I loved SV’s version but I hope they do there own thing and don’t copy elements from Smallville

9. N April 2, 2012 at 5:38 am - Reply

I’d have preferred him to be using a compound bow like they did on Smallville. It makes more sense as they are far more powerful and just look better/meaner in my opinion. Still, if he’s using a recurve as that photo suggests, then it’s more like the comic book variation of GA. Perhaps he’ll have a variety of trick bows as well as arrows.

Either way I’m looking forward to this.

10. Blah Blah Blah April 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm - Reply

If this is anything like Smallville, the fans will have to wait 10 years before the Green Arrow uses a bow!

11. Tobby April 7, 2012 at 4:24 pm - Reply

I wish CW/WarnerBros would just make things like the comic books. No need to change what works in the comics. After all the flash tv series in the 90s wasnt changed much and it worked rather well.

Lets make something that attracts comic buffs to the show, and people back to the comics.

Thats why Marvel is doing so well.
    They dont change much.

• Craig Byrne April 8, 2012 at 11:14 am - Reply

The Flash TV series was very different from the comic books at the time. The costume was different, the tone was much darker, and the Flash in the TV show was Barry Allen where the fun-loving Wally West was currently Flash in the comics.

I also think it’s a bit unfair to say they’re not making things like the comic books. If anything, Arrow is VERY MUCH like the comic books. Is as much like the Green Arrow of at least before “New 52″ as, say, IRON MAN is about the same Tony Stark from the movies.

Leave A Response »