Arrow: Pick Your Least Favorite Episode Of Season 2!

Craig Byrne June 2, 2014 16

Streets of FireThe GreenArrowTV Awards continue, and now that you’ve had to pick a Best Episode out of 23, it’s time to pick a Worst… or really, Least Favorite Episode.

This category is really difficult because frankly, Arrow Season 2 was so good it’s hard to find one that wasn’t great! But here is your unthinkable challenge: Try!

Yeah, we know. Even Thea, in the picture to go with the article, doesn’t look sure about this idea.

Voting will continue for a few days before we go into another category. Results will be compiled and out in September.

1. sean June 2, 2014 at 1:10 pm -

I voted for “blast radius” I really felt that shrapnel was very poorly used and his dialogue was very forced. the whole bit with the old lady and “no sales tax” was so pointless, stupid and not believable that it bordered on insulting to the viewers. over all they wasted a good villain but this was a great season and I have almost no complaints about any other episode. I can’t wait till season three.

• Chriswog June 8, 2014 at 7:43 pm -

I agree, sean. After all the kick ass versions of so many d-list villains (can we say Clock King?) Shrapnel was glaringly bad. It really felt like the writers saying, “he’s gonna die. Why bother doing anything with him?”

Though I was tempted to vote for Seeing Red since I didn’t enjoy Angry Roy one little bit and I still haven’t forgiven the writers for killing Moira.

2. Forouzan June 2, 2014 at 2:05 pm -

as much as it was hard to pick the best episode, It’s easy to pick “blast Radius”

3. Halberdier17 June 2, 2014 at 2:06 pm -

I voted for Blast Radius as well. It was the episode that I can’t even really remember much out of this season. I think it was the only one that I had no problems voting for in Season 2.

4. John June 2, 2014 at 2:12 pm -

I’m gonna get my ears pulled from saying this, but I voted for The Promise. As much as Stephen said it was awesome, I just knew everything that was going to happen. It was very very predictable. The episode was too focused in the past and showed things we already knew. Idk. Maybe I expected so much more from that episode. I guess it’s the only one that “disappointed” me.

5. Rurudo June 2, 2014 at 10:07 pm -

Definitely Blast Radius. My hope is that the explosion that supposedly killed Shrapnel actually turned him into the character that he was in the comics. How? I don’t know, that would be up to the writers to explain if that’s the way they go, but I hate seeing a villain killed before he was even used to any good effect.

6. JJB June 3, 2014 at 4:50 pm -

I have no clue as to why there is so much hate toward “Blast Radius”. I personally thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable hour of fun, very well executed. My pick is most definitely “Heir to the Demon”. After hearing that title my hopes skyrocketed, which were subsequently dashed into a million pieces when we got some horned-up teenagers version of Brothers & Sisters, with more projectile weaponry. I literally cried.

7. Ben June 3, 2014 at 8:09 pm -

time of death and suicide squad I thought were bad

8. Lauren June 5, 2014 at 8:37 pm -

Birds of Prey made me consider quitting the show. My suspension of disbelief doesn’t stretch far enough to believe Laurel could stare right at her sister’s face in fairly bright lighting and not know it was her. The whole episode was ridiculous.

9. Flo June 6, 2014 at 11:21 am -

I go with “Crucible”, since it felt like a boring filler episode. Plus, the fighting was ridiculous. Ollie/Arrow shooting arrows at a gang armed with automatic weapons while jumping around, dodging the bullets – WTF?! This isn’t Dragon Ball!

I do understand people voting for “Blast Radius”, too. That would be #2 on my list.

Season two got ridiculous in many things. Like Quentin noticing Arrows mask, but not his face, even in bright light? Same with Sebastian. This whole identity concealing issue needs to be handled better in season 3!
    What also bugged me was the amount of sheer convenience. Like convenient phone calls interrupting dialoges, people conveniently showing up, Slade crashing onto the Queens car when Moira was about to tell Ollie and Thea about Malcolm…

Anyway, it’s still my favorite TV show!

10. Matt June 8, 2014 at 6:46 pm -

I voted Seeing Red. While the ending of that episode holds a lot of weight, the majority of the episode had me rolling my eyes with Roy’s “Roy Smash” attitude and look.

11. Tmeister June 8, 2014 at 8:12 pm -

I said blast radius as least favorite not hated, that was the episode that came after 3 weeks of three ghost and I felt it could had been better but i definitely didn’t hate it

12. Kate June 11, 2014 at 6:38 am -

I’m finding it difficult to decide which one to vote for, because I feel like “least favorite” and “worst” are two very different things. My least favorite was The Promise, but the worst was probably Blind Spot.

13. Bruce Wayne June 19, 2014 at 7:44 am -

Even though i love every episode of this season, i had to vote for Blast Radius, i think that one, Identity, Blind Spot and Birds of Prey were the 4 weakest episodes, even though i love them but compared to others like City of Heroes, Three Ghosts, Heir to the Demon, Seeing Red, Unthinkable etc. these felt the weakest to me. Still love every episode of Arrow so far. It was a very very hard choice.

14. Jo June 23, 2014 at 11:15 am -

Birds of Prey was a huge disappointment for me. It made me excited then angry.

15. Ashley August 12, 2014 at 8:37 am -

It’s interesting to see comments about people voting for the same episodes in both Favorite and Worst. It’s very subjective and while I love the Suicide Squad part of the episode I wanted to punch Oliver so much in that episode it’s my least favorite. Also Birds of Prey could have been so much better. And both Shrapnal and Clock King needed more background info in their episodes…if we didn’t have to sit through Oliver’s dating drama I love this show, but when I really think about it I have a lot of little issues with it. :)